DUI Defense Attorneys in Fort Collins
Building Aggressive Defenses for Drunk Driving
If you are facing DUI charges, you should know that the Deputy District Attorney won’t cut corners on your prosecution. Your DUI defense attorney can’t either. Fort Collins and other communities throughout Northern Colorado take drunk driving offenses seriously, and judges don’t hesitate to hand down harsh sentences.
The possible penalties for a first-time DUI include:
- Jail time
- Significant fines and court costs
- Loss of driving privileges
- Community service
- Alcohol education classes
Former Prosecutors Fighting as Your Lawyers
As former prosecutors, Jerry Roselle and William Breitigam know how the prosecution will prepare its case. They also know that working diligently with the prosecutor often results in alternatives to harsh penalties, but only by preparing and applying intelligent legal strategies.
One client told me the best part of hiring me for DUI defense is that he never felt like I was judging him. Mutual respect is the foundation of my practice. I can't guarantee an outcome in any DUI case. But my experience has shown that preparing diligently and staying committed to finding alternative solutions not only protects my client but also earns him the prosecutor's and judge's respect.
- Attorney Jerry Roselle
Every Part of the Prosecutor’s Case Is Up for Challenge
Applying experience and knowledge, we confront the government’s evidence, including the probable cause for making the traffic stop, the field sobriety maneuvers, the alcohol testing, and whether your constitutional rights were upheld. It all starts with talking to our attorneys as soon as possible after you are charged, or if you think you are facing charges.
We handle every aspect of your DUI charge and can advise you on how best to protect your rights. Our services include counsel regarding:
- Challenging breath and blood tests: Many people think that test results that are not in their favor mean their chances are over. This is not true. We can help you challenge the tests.
- A DUI and the DMV: After a DUI charge, you will have to go through criminal proceedings and DMV proceedings. We can help with both.
- Protecting you from insurance consequences: A DUI conviction can increase your insurance rates. We can help minimize the damage.
- Driving with a revoked or suspended license: Our attorneys can help shield you from the damaging effects of a driving under restraint conviction.
- Driving under the influence of drugs (DUID): In Colorado, it is illegal to drive with drugs in your system. We can help you avoid serious consequences by challenging the charges.
- Vehicular assault and homicide: A car accident that injures or causes the death of another person can leave you facing serious charges, even if it was an accident. Let us help protect you.
- Vehicular eluding arrest: Eluding police can lead to criminal charges and enhance any other charges you may be facing. Our lawyers are former prosecutors who are ready to fight for you.
Is a DUI a Felony in Colorado?
A DUI/DWAI are typically filed as misdemeanors. But DUI can be prosecuted as a felony charge if it is the person's 4th offense, or if the motorist causes an accident in which another person is injured or killed. Specifically, felony DUI is charged in 3 circumstances:
- The defendant has 3 or more previous DUI convictions or
- The defendant's driving caused serious bodily injury or;
- The defendant caused a fatal accident
Contact Us Today
At Roselle & Breitigam, P.C., we are dedicated to protecting the rights of people who are facing criminal charges. We are available to discuss your rights, and how we can help with your case, during a free consultation.
Over 3,000 Cases Successfully Handled
Aggressive Representation & Compassionate Guidance
We Keep Our Clients & Their Families Best Interests Top of Mind
As Former Prosecutors, We Know Both Sides of the Law Well
Available After Hours & On Weekends
Extensive Knowledge of the Colorado Legal System